Sunday, June 5, 2011

~Don't scare the garden gnomes~

Love, love, my Walls-O-Water, springtime in the Sierra's is so predictably unpredictable. Most of the garden is already planted, lots of little sprouts starting to make an appearance. Hard to imagine the bounty of edibles that will be harvested again with this years plantings. In all those walls-o-water, squash, zuchinni, peas, beans, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Planted some Black Cherry tomatoes, really excited about those!



The photo below is the bed I grow the bulk of my onions, garlic, chives, and most other kitchen herbs. I do interplant with marigolds to help with bug control and if need be use diatomaceous earth also.



I have had to resort to Fort Knox style gardening to keep out the rabbits, birds, squirrels and occasional racoons.


Here is our greenhouse.


I am going to build a much larger pond in the backyard this season and hope to get a bee-hive going.

No comments:

Post a Comment