Saturday, July 30, 2011

~ Homegrown Loofah Sponges ~

I never gave much thought to loofah sponges, until I read they are an easy to grow plant in the gourd family. That got me thinking how fun it would be to grow and harvest my own natural loofahs. It would be perfect with my soaps. I will have to use the greenhouse to give them the right about of growing time in this climate as they need around 130 days or so to harvest and let dry. With this growing season over, I will have all winter to plan for my very own little loofah farm.


1 comment:

  1. Love the loofah idea! Thought about growing loofah's too, but my current climate won't allow for it. I had no idea they came in so many varieties! Hope you'll update about your progress with it :)
    (p.s. Found your blog via the "Build Your Blog" team on etsy).

    ReplyDelete